Monday 11 December 2017

Large scale painting

I'm still working my way through the Walking Dead for Craig - e.t.a. is early next week to have them all complete, but this weekend just gone I used a bit of my time to paint up John's Christmas present. He has had a resin bust of Napoleon sitting around for the last 10 years or so, and his wife said to him, 'I'm sure that should be painted.' He brought it around to me and I said, 'I'm sure it isn't supposed to be painted'. It had a faux marble wash on it and the eyes were sculpted with indented pupils to allow the light to bounce and look a bit more natural. However, he said have a go if I want.
So I did,
The Emperor painted up
A slightly different angle with a 28mm Napoleon for size comparison.
I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. The eyes don't quite look right but that is because the iris of the right eye (left as you look at it here) is engraved deeper than the left. It actually looks much more natural 'in the flesh'.

Zombie painting continues apace, of course, and I'm in the middle of survivors at the moment, but here are the last few zeds:
Imagine how they must smell..
In other news, I have just been gifted Paul's American Civil War 15mm figures, and am now in the process of rebasing them and organising two armies for a campaign to play in 2018.
Close ups

All the painted stuff, and as much again is unpainted!
So I'm looking at two armies each of 15 regiments (3 brigades), 3 cavalry (1 brigade) and 6 guns, to be used with some adapted Neil Thomas rules. More on that in the new year. Thursday week I'm off to Sydney to spend Xmas with family and then visit buddies and occasional commentators on this blog, Dan and Marcus, in Canberra for a few days.

Nate

10 comments:

  1. That's really good, I hope it is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. I'm rather pleased with it myself.

      Delete
  3. He looks fantastic. It looks like you will be busy in 2018.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu. Yes, plenty of options for 2018, but I think getting the ACW up and running will be the first thing on the list.

      Delete
  4. Awesome job on the skin shades...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I was rather pleased how they came out. It wasn't that different to a 28mm figure - just more gradual layers.

      Delete
  5. Fantastics. Brushwork on the bust! I agree with Phil. Awesome skin tones.

    ReplyDelete